PFAS Analytic Tools
EPA has investigated and collected information and data on per and polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS). Datasets in this visualization include:
- Drinking Water (UCMR): Public Water Supply (PWS) Unregulated Contaminant Monitoring Rule (UCMR) data under the Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
- Drinking Water (State): Additional PFAS monitoring results from states.
- Production: Chemical Data Reporting (CDR) manufacturers and importers under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA).
- Environmental Media: Multimedia environmental data submitted to the Water Quality Portal (WQP).
- Discharge Monitoring: National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Discharge Monitoring Report (DMR) data for a limited number of facilities.
- Superfund Sites: Sites on the National Priorities List (NPL) where there has been a PFAS detection.
- Federal Sites: Federal sites with known or suspected PFAS, which are being prioritized for investigation (i.e., sampling and analysis).
- Industry Sectors: Facility data from facilities subject to Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), or Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulations that operate in sectors identified as possibly handling, using, or releasing PFAS chemicals.
- Transfers: Data from hazardous waste shipment manifests as reported to the RCRA e-Manifest system.
- Spills: National Response Center (NRC) data on initial spill incident reports pertaining to Aqueous Film Forming Form (AFFF).
- Toxic Releases: Facility-level releases onsite and offsite waste management of PFAS from the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI).
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of all PFAS data, information, or resources.